NOTE: BEFORE SUBMITTING ANY INFORMATION TO US PLEASE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
The following terms and conditions apply to all applicants applying for a ORCA Student Grant. You must review these terms and conditions and by applying for a Grant, you confirm your acceptance of these terms and conditions, and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. To be eligible for a Grant all applicants must meet the following criteria:
ORCA will award 3 (three) $1000 CND Grants in 2014, consisting of One Thousand Dollars ($1000) CND cheque made payable to the applicable Grant recipients. The winner will be announced on September 20th at the “Romanian Fall Festival”.
ORCA reserves the right to limit the maximum number of awards each year.
An applicant may be required to provide proof that any information provided in his/her application is true and accurate, including, but not limited to official transcripts to verify his/her grade average, Official Government Documentation of Romania Heritage and T4.
If any requested proof is not received by the Grant administrator, ORCA. Within timeframe specified by the Grant Administrator at the time such request is made, the applicable applicant may be disqualified at the Grant Administrator’s sole discretion.
2. ORCA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify or amend these terms and conditions (including extending the Grant application deadline), or cancel the awarding of the Grants at any time without notice or compensation.
3. All applications must be submitted in accordance with the procedure outlined above between Monday July 14th to Sunday September 7th, 2014.
4. All applications must be written in English.
5. Judging Criteria: A panel of judges selected by ORCA (the Judges), along with the Grant Administrator’s representatives, will evaluate and assign a score to all eligible applications received during the time-frame specified above based on the following criteria:
The scores assigned to the eligible applications will be used to determine the eligible finalists. The scores of the eligible finalists will be reviewed and approved by ORCA. After the eligible finalists’ scores have been reviewed and approved by ORCA, the three eligible finalists with the highest scores will each be eligible to win a Grant. The odds of winning a Grant will depend on the total number of eligible applications received during the above-noted timeframe, and compliance with the foregoing judging criteria.
6. Each potential Grant recipient (and in the case of a minors, his/her parent or legal guardian) will be required to sign a Declaration and Release provided by ORCA before being awarded a Grant. The Declaration and Release will require, amongst other things, the applicable potential Grant recipient to permit ORCA to use his/her name, city and province or territory of residence and photograph, without further compensation, in any publicity carried out by ORCA in respect of the Grant program.
7. All decisions made by ORCA, the Grant Administrator, the Judges and/or their respective representatives regarding any aspect of the administration of the application process and/or the awarding of Grants are final and binding upon all applicants and/or recipients.
8. Each applicant must ensure that all the information provided in his/her application and in all the accompanying documents is true, accurate, and complete to the best his/her knowledge. Any submission of false information may disqualify the applicable applicant, as determined by ORCA at its sole discretion.
9. Each applicant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his or her personal information by ORCA, the Grant Administrator, the Judges and/or their respective representatives for the purposes of administering and fulfilling the Grant application and awarding process.
Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the above-noted parties should be addressed to ORCA at email@example.com.